Our Rig

Our Rig
Camping

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Shula’s Birthday

Map picture

To all husbands- do not forget your spouse's birthdays .....period ,it is worst than coming late at night and saying I forgot how time flies and worse than saying " honey today the dress looks great on you" ....

So I had a reminder on my Calendar but  I did not forget it anyhow.

It was supposed to be a windy cold day and I worked all around it, we started the morning having breakfast in a coffee shop we use to go and got pampered by the manager with extras here and there ( Not on the diet side but tasty)

20170127_120523

As Shula was about to give me the “this is it?” look , I turned the car to an unknown to her road heading South rather than North the way home, “where are we going now in this crazy weather?” she asked , and I just smiled my best mysterious smile. and drove to the Old Tel-Aviv Port, once a regular small boat port and today an entertainment place with restaurants, market and bars.

Befor entering the Port Maket I let her feel the the wind and the rough sea as we like to do from time to time.

20170127_133909

The Port Market is usually an indoor and outdoor thing , where you can sit in a restaurant , buy groceries, or get a good fish sandwich and sit outside with a bottle of wine or beer.

But today the dictated the rules and everyone was inside (did I already mention that our lives are dictated by the weather??)

So we got a bottle of wine, 2 glasses ,smoked fish and had a great time.

20170127_14232820170127_143121

Mean time WE , I mean Shula did some shoping, dry mushrooms,organic vegies, olives and olive oil.

20170127_135334

Although it was already around 2 PM we had no desire to have lunch due to our late breakfast ,the wine and the fish sandwich and I still had some plans for late afternoon which I was not ready to revile yet, so mean time we took a drive along the beautiful beach .

20170129_15361020170129_153725

As Shula started to get comfortable with the way things are going till now and was ready to hit home I pulled the tickets for a Jazz in one of the small places in the Port.

One and a half hour of good music,dancing and zipping some more red wine was the great finale of this great day.

20170127_15504920170127_162032

So do not forget the Birthdays ….even after celebrating them withe same women for many years.

Now I have to check my calendar to make sure it is marked for  2018…

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a GREAT day! Happy Birthday, Shula, and many more!

By the way, you both look great!

Fred

Unknown said...

So cool Danny. I live it when surprise days are planned. Shula,ya gotta know the guy loves you bunches! Jackie

Jim and Sandie said...

Happy Birthday Shula. Now that is a great hubby. Wonderful surprises.

Danny &Shula Oren said...

Thank you Fred, Lynn&Jacle,Jim & Sandie,
Great to hear from you all
Have a great winter and stay warm

Karen and Tony said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! Happy Birthday Shula!

Danny &Shula Oren said...

Thank you Karen & Tony.
Where are you in summer 2017?

ClaireOKC said...

Wow! Looks like you all had a fantastic day....celebrating birthdays can be a lot of fun for both!!! ;)