Our Rig

Our Rig
Camping

Monday, August 6, 2018

Lewiston Idaho

The stop we made in Lewiston was the most unusual and very fortunate for us, but I have to back up a bit.

After having our 5W since 2006 it is understandable to have some issues even though we are taking good care of the Cruiser but having multi problems at the same time was to much .

The Dometic fridge stopped cooling in the lower part while the freezer worked fine, I found out that the cooling fan decided to quit on me, I called some RV places but non of them had it in stock,so I pulled it out and went to hardware store to try to replace the fan with another 12V fan that would fit in the space ,and the guy came out with a brilliant idea ,it looked exactly as a computer fan....so I popped in a computer store and got 2 fans from an old computer for free, but still I had to wire them correctly to the thermostat..

Another problem happened on the electrical panel behind the fridge .

So I am approaching Lewiston to an Internet friend that I have never met who was very kind to invite us to stay in his property for 2-3 days, on the way I stopped at an RV place and scheduled an appointment for next week, as I am about to pull out a employee in the supply department asked if he could help, so I showed him the electrical panel that went bad, “A new one could coast up to $200 “ he said “but I have an old one and maybe you could use parts from it” ,I thanked him and headed to my Internet friend place.

After meeting him and his family and settling in his yard, I asked if he know any electrician in the area that might help with my issues, he looks at me and says “my son can fix it “, I was so surprised that I did not know what to say except “Some one is looking after us and having the issues happen in the right time and in the right place”

His son comes out ,takes a look and at the same day it was all fixed....not only I saved time but sure enough few hundred dollars....what a guy.

20180804_15344420180804_15431120180804_160654

I think they wanted us to stay forever as we were invited to share meals with them and pick vegetables from their beautiful garden,tomatoes,onions and berries.

We shared walks ,talks and non alcoholic drinks....Paradise and good people.

20180804_15411920180804_15413620180805_200824

As we were ready to leave I noticed that one tire on the trailer is low on air, so my friend sent me to a tire shop , they removed a nail and refused to be payed ….it might be because my friend send me or because we are foreigners, I really do not know , all I know that Lewiston was a GREAT stop...

1 comment:

Jim and Sandie said...

It's so nice to read about kind, generous people. Keeps your faith in mankind going. But I do hope that is the end of your problems.